Autotronics manufactures two types of Torque Indicators; the TI-701, reading in ounce-inches and the TI-702, reading in gram-centimeters. The TI-701 line consists of six standard models and the TI-702 consists of three. Special ranges and dial faces are available on request. The design features of both the TI-701 and TI-702 are explained on these two pages to give you the best usage of the instrument. Many applications are made possible by the attachment of a chuck or various adaptors. The Torque Indicator is shock resistant, non-magnetic, permanently calibrated and has built-in protection against overload. A Certificate of Conformance is included with each indicator.
- Positive permanent calibration
- Full scale readings with approximately 1° of rotation of indicator
- 50% over travel with accuracy
- Positive limiting stop to prevent damage to indicator
- Easy to read dial face, satin finish aluminum
- Hand size: 1-7/8 in. diameter x 2-3/8 in. length
- Weight 7.2 oz.
- Reset-Preset dial
- Bi-directional readings
- Anti-friction bearings
- Equipped with 3 split bushings
- Adaptors interchangeable in all indicators
- Choice of 2% or 5% maximum unilateral deviation (accuracy)
Adaptors & Applications
A few of the applications of the TI-701 and TI-702 Torque Indicators are:
- To measure drive torque required for servo systems, gear trains, rotating components, rotating switches, etc.
- To determine torque characteristics of motor stall torque, system breakaway torque, torsion systems and starting torque.
- To accurately test clutch torque, brake torque, rotary solenoids, friction drives and similar rotating functions.
- May accurately be used as a screwdriver torquing device or spring tension adjustment tool.
Click the Contact Us button to receive our Torque Indicator Brochure.